Maritime India Summit 2016 (MIS 2016) Posted on : | Back | Print
Maritime India Summit 2016 (MIS 2016)
The maiden flagship initiative of the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India is being organised from April 14-16, 2016 at the Bombay Convention and Exhibition Centre in Mumbai. Republic of Korea (ROK) will be the "Partner Country". MIS 2016 seeks to position itself as a platform for showcasing the best-in-class technologies, products and capabilities, and forging mutually beneficial partnerships between the Indian and the global maritime industry.
2. Hon’ble Prime Minister has consented to inaugurate the Summit on 14 April 2016.
3. The event will comprise of a 2-day Investor’s Summit and a 3-day Exhibition.
4. The two-day Investor’s Summit (April 14-15, 2016) will be attended by various stakeholders in the maritime sector including senior and eminent policy planners, domestic and international investors, CEOs of Indian and global maritime companies, industry experts, thought leaders, technology providers, bankers and insurers, representatives of major ports and shipping lines from across the world.
5. The Investors Summit will host forums to foster interaction between stakeholders through B2B and G2B meetings; special sessions on investment opportunities in India’s maritime sector including ship building, ship repair, ship recycling, dredger/ barge manufacturing, setting up of new ports and capacity augmentation of existing ports, port-based industrial development, port-based Smart cities, development of maritime cluster, hinterland connectivity projects, multi-modal logistics hubs, development of inland waterways for cargo and passenger transportation, coastal shipping, passenger ferry services, lighthouse and cruise tourism, island development and aquatic resources, renewable energy projects in ports and other services (Financing, Legal, Design etc.). The conference will project vast investment opportunities in each of the Indian maritime states and union territories.
6. The Exhibition along with exclusive demo sessions to be held on all three days of the Summit will showcase the latest technology, products and services as well as help disseminate knowledge about the latest developments in the maritime sector. It will provide a platform to interact closely with leading global maritime organizations to explore business opportunities and create awareness amongst participants about the latest technology trends across the maritime spectrum.
Go to Top | Back | Print
7. Information regarding the Summit, registration and participation details for exhibitors can be obtained by visiting: www.maritimeinvest.in