Consular Officer reserves the right to reject attestation of documents which are objectionable or contrary to the rules. Document submitted by foreign national will be attested only if the document is required to be submitted for a transaction in India or it originates from India. In the case of US nationals, their signatures should be first attested by the Authentication (Apostilled) Division in the State Department before submission for attestation at the Consulate. Other foreign nationals should get their signatures on the document attested first by their respective Embassy/Consulate.
KINDLY BRING PHOTOCOPIES OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AS THERE IS NO FACILITY OF PHOTOCOPY AT THE CONSULATE.
1. Completed "Misc. Services" application form with one passport size photo affixed in the box.
2. Fill in all the information correctly. Incomplete application will be returned without service.
3. Applicant's valid original passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (first three and last two pages).
4. Copy of valid Visa/Green Card for Indian citizens and for other citizens of Indian origin attach a copy of their OCI card/PIO card/Renunciation of Indian Citizenship Certificate if applicable.
5. Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license or lease agreement)
6. If the applicant presents himself/herself in person at the Consulate, the Original and a photocopy of the Power of Attorney must be submitted.
7. If the applicant wishes to send by post, then send notarized Original Power of Attorney and photocopy of the notarized Power of Attorney.
8. Name and father's name of the expectant should be exactly as in the Passport with expanded initials. Power of Attorney should invariably state that "I (name of applicant), ……… son of (name of father) …………resident of ……… (address in India and abroad) and holder of Indian/US Passport No. …… issued on …… at …………… PIO/OCI card no ............. issued on ............... at ............... (if applicable) hereby ……………."
9. Fee $20 per attestation and $3 for ICWF per application. (Separate money order/cashier cheque for $ 3.00)
10. Fee is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order drawn only in favor of "Consulate General of India". Cash payment is also accepted at the counter of the Consulate. Applicants are requested to come with exact change for efficient services.
11. Personal checks, Debit cards and Credit cards are not accepted.
12. If application is being sent by post kindly send the pre-paid mailing envelope.
10.00-12.30 PM (on all business day. No appointment required)
Consulate General of India, Atlanta
5549 Glenridge Drive NE
ATLANTA, GA 30342
For any qeries kindly email at: